How do I become a volunteer?
- Join our mailing list(listserv) if you haven’t already done so. Instructions can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Attend an information session if you are a new volunteer. Our first will be Trivia Night on November 24, 2016. See our homepage for the details, under "Announcements".
- Register via an online form as an official committed volunteer. The form can be found at the “Registration” tab. Fill in your personal information, availabilities, and preferred presentation partner and school. Deadline is TBA.
- Attend a mandatory training session. You must come to 1 of the 2 training session dates: TBA
- Pick up materials.
- Do your presentation(s).
- Come to our after-party.Return the jello brain mold, overhead acetates, (and filled-out surveys/questionnaires) and pick up your letter of recognition.
Following each session, there will be a 1 hour Brain Waves Activity Tutorial and Classroom Management Skills Session.
Do I need to have background in neuroscience or the sciences?
Absolutely not. But it would be a bonus of course. The teaching manual has all the information that you will need. We have volunteers from the humanities who enjoy themselves immensely and are capable of facilitating excellent sessions.
I am new to Brain Waves and missed the info sessions, what should I do?
Go to the “Information” tab of our website and read it over.
Where can I find teaching resources for my Brain Waves presentation?
You can find your Instructor’s Guide, Brain Waves Jello Recipe, and other useful tools under “Resources”. Alternatively, you can click here to visit Parachute’s website for the list of resources.
How do I join the mailing list (listserv)?
You MUST subscribe from YOUR OWN e-mail account. The LISTSERV software extracts your e-mail address from the e-mail message you send then uses this address to distribute mail to you.
To subscribe to our listserv send an e-mail message email@example.com (upper or lower case is acceptable). In the BODY of the message type a command of the form:
subscribe BRAINDAYCLUBS-L firstname lastname
For example, if your name is Terry Lee, you would type:
subscribe BRAINDAYCLUBS-L terry lee